UPDATE: We are currently not renting space due to COVID-19. This will become available again when we re-open.
NOTE: There are limited days and times which the space is available for rent. If you would like to rent the space and have it exclusively for your event, please book at least 2 months in advance. Weekends are ideal. Link to the full rental policy.
- Our room rental policy is based on the principle of providing an environment welcoming of persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. We provide welcoming meeting space for community groups and organizations that provide services that uphold our mission statement of providing accessible resources, events, social, and educational programming to celebrate and support people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
- Kind Space, in renting its facilities, does not carry out screening or monitoring of the proposed renters of space, or of the subsequent use by those renters and their invitees, of the space.
- Accordingly, Kind Space and its board assume no liability or other responsibility with regard to the use of the space or the activities of the renters in connection with the space.
- Furthermore, Kind Space, in renting space to an individual or group, is not endorsing or supporting the individual or group renting the space.
- Neither the name nor the address of Kind Space may be used as the official address or headquarters of an individual or organization.
- Meeting rooms are booked on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to availability. Bookings must be made with a valid email address.
- Priority for bookings will be given to Kind Space groups and functions.
- Terms for room rentals will be binding between the Agency and the rentee through a contract. Room bookings are not confirmed until a contract is signed by all parties. The contract can be signed on behalf of Kind Space by the Executive Director or their designate.
48 hours notice is required for rental cancellation without charge. Full charge for less than 48 hours.
- Programming (back) room – $15/hr (20 people max)
- Conference (front) room – $20/hr (40 people max)
- Counselling office – $10/hr (4 people max)
- If a mess is left behind, groups will be subject to a $50 cleaning fee.
- Additional fees may apply for larger-scale events.
- In the case of Damages; Cost of repair, including labour and staff time, will be charged to the booking group