Rainbow Service Providers Network
Founded in 2002, we envision a safe community with equal access to all services for all members of the LGBTQ+ community, including children, youth, and families.
- We are a network of LGBTQ+ community agencies who support the development of fellow agencies, schools, families, and communities that are safe and inclusive, and celebrate diversity and equity.
- We exist to facilitate the sharing of information and resources between LGBTQ+ agencies.
- Our network serves as a hub of communication between LGBTQ+ agencies and collaboration in advocating on behalf of common causes.
- We strive to work collaboratively to support each other in responding to systemic barriers including heterosexism, cissexism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in the lives of Ottawa area communities.
- The focus of our discussions is to address systemic barriers with the goal of promoting personal, interpersonal, organizational, and societal change.
- Our membership is made up of diverse agencies (including organizations, businesses, charities, school boards, and community groups) that serve and advocate for LGBTQ+ communities, including children, youth, and families.
- This includes agencies that deliver LGBTQ+ specific programs and services, as well those that are interested in building LGBTQ+ cultural competence, social inclusion, and anti-oppressive practices.
- Each agency is represented by an individual selected by the agency to be a part of the network email list and attend the monthly meetings.
- Our network is facilitated by two co-chairs, elected for a two-year term.
Our network aims to create a forum for:
- Communicating agency activity and information
- Co-ordinating services between agencies
- Collaborating on joint projects
- Organizing mutual support and training opportunities
- Identifying gaps and duplications in services
- Sharing of new funding opportunities and resources
- We embrace diversity and equity
- We value respect and inclusion
- We support gender and sexual diversity
- We believe in learning from each other
- We value each member’s contribution
- We celebrate our strengths and successes
- We view conflict as an opportunity to deepen mutual understanding
- We maintain confidentiality
- Kind Space (Co-chair)
- Ten Oaks Project (Co-chair)
- Ottawa Carleton District School Board
- Centretown Community Health Centre
- Family Services à la famille Ottawa
- Family Services Ottawa
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Ottawa
- Youth Services Bureau
- Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity