Volunteer recruitment will resume January 2022.
Discord Moderators (Adult Server)
Pupose of position: To ensure that the Discord server chats adhere as closely to the guidelines as possible.
Responsibilities and duties:
● Familiarize yourself with the Kind Space Social (Adult) Discord Guidelines
● Intervene in situations of conflict, which can result in moderating or deleting other
members’ messages and suspending or banning members from the server
● Support server-specific events, like Jackbox Party Nights, Movie Nights, Show Nights, etc.
● Knowledge of Discord app and bots, or at least an aptitude and willingness to learn
about online Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), instant messaging, and digital
● Familiar with and willingness to be trained further in anti-oppression frameworks, conflict resolution, and transformative-justice-based accountability.
● Experience in moderating online spaces and/or group facilitation is an asset.
6 hours a week minimum, and 12 hours a week maximum.
To offer a wide range of representation in regards to moderators on the server, we
prioritize BIPOC, folks with disabilities, and other lived experiences of marginalization and resistance.
We are seeking volunteers who are interested in joining a connection pod which will be co-creating community spaces, programming or events together based on what has been asked by the community.
The pods this season will focus on:
- Aro-Ace Programming
- Adult Programming
- Book Clubs
- Retreats & Recreation
Anyone ages 18+ may join a Connection Pod that they identify with. If you would like to join, please check out the sign up here.
Currently we are not taking on any new folks to the Connection Pods until August 2021.