Are you interested in volunteering with Kind Space and becoming a Community Care Bear? Check out the available positions, volunteer application, and the application process.
Volunteer Application Process
For some volunteer positions there may be no selection process or shortlisted candidates, this will be indicated on the application or registration form. Kind Space shortlists candidates primarily for positions that have limited slots available and/or special qualifications Kind Space may be looking for.
- Normally, our application phase takes place in January or February for Core Volunteer Positions.
- During this time, we will check in with current volunteers and their capacity and recruit for new volunteers as needed.
- We may hold on to submitted applications for up to 6 month, in-case there are shifts in capacity.
- An application may also be permanently deleted upon request in a 24 hour period.
- For those who are applying for a volunteer role for the first time, there will normally be a selection process where applications will be shortlisted. We will hold interviews with those selected from our shortlist based on the application, and usually takes place in February or March.
- For applicants who are shortlisted. A representative of Kind Space will reach-out to you to schedule an interview. You will be sent some questions ahead of time, in preparation of your interview.
- You will have a follow-up interview upon successful application to a volunteer role, to discuss access needs, scheduling and dream mapping.
- During onboarding you will be asked to either attend in-person or online training relevant to your position.
- There may be additional training that takes place during the year or applicable to your position, you will be updated on those training when they are relevant or available.
These trainings could include:
- Anti-Racism Training
- Fire Safety Training
- External Mediation Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- First Aid, AED, & CPR Training
Available Volunteer Positions
Please note that if the application form is closed then we are not currently accepting volunteers and volunteer applications.
Events & Outreach Assistant
To support outreach and engagement with Kind Space service users, members and the general public and support the mechanics of events.
To provide support to the 2SLGBTQ+ community through communication, promotion and content development for programming and services primarily online. They also are an important part of the online culture with Kind Space.
Library & Archival Assistant
To help provide and facilitate 2SLGBTQ+ book or zine resources to community members in Ottawa, and to provide support to the Dr. Kelly McGinnis Library;
and supporting the archival efforts of Kind Space in preserving historical and local 2SLGBTQIA+ materials.
Program Support Assistant
To provide support during in-person programs and/or services, and contribute to development or execution of programs including field trips or off-site programs.