One of the core commitments of Kind is to accessibility. We strive to be as barrier-free as possible so that as many people can find connection through Kind. And to be honest and open about our current limitations.
- Attending groups is free and does not require registration. Groups do have voluntary attendance sheets to track numbers.
- Attending events are free or sliding-scale, with a pay-it-forward options for community.
- Services to community members are free. Workshops and speaking requests are available on a sliding-scale.
- Accessible by public transit, on street parking nearby (subject to availability)
- Shared office space with Planned Parenthood Ottawa
- Open concept working space in the front, program room, library, and lounge in the back
- Gendered, stalled washrooms and an accessible, all gender washroom that is shared with other building tenants
- Kitchen space with full fridge, microwave, toaster, and dishwasher
- Low pile, carpeted floors
- Automatic doors, activated by a button
- Building doors lock at 6pm on week nights and those coming to the space will need to use the intercom to buzz in. You can scroll and select Kind from the list of organizations or dial #401.
- Low/no-scent space
- Large windows with natural light
- Fluorescent overhead lighting
- During the day their is low to moderate sound, during the evening there is increased sounds including music and laughter
- Currently, Kind is primarily english-speaking, but has several volunteers that speak various languages.
- Most of our resource material is available in english. We are preparing to have materials available in french and arabic.
- We are also looking for volunteer and contract translators (written and oral). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re looking to build our resource of people who can offer interpretation services on a voluntary or contract basis. Please email email@example.com.