As a 2SLGBTQ+ community organization led by Black, Indigenous, and people of colour we are enraged, we are heartbroken, we are tired. As individuals we are organizing, we are grieving, we are making the space for others to do the same. As an organization, our usual first step is to open our space for people to come together. We are still in the middle of a global pandemic and so we must be even more thoughtful about how to offer space for rage and healing. We are having conversations with some community partners about what we can do together and we will put more information out when it is available.
For those looking for resources, we have compiled a few below.
- A list of resources – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eg2S10NPYhAVEMKwicHn2SHpT6KKW0aP/view?fbclid=IwAR1dhRPMY7hHz4R9EgjGjoHoSr3u1JQKcW2KX-mRm0ZKRiPc1YFh5rgSqes
- Yoga for Black grief (June 5) – https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/yoga-for-black-grief-tickets-107749816602?aff=eemailordconf&utm_campaign=order_confirm&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eventbrite&utm_term=viewevent
- Article – https://www.quakelab.ca/blog/please-dont-check-on-your-black-employees
- Article – https://byblacks.com/main-menu-mobile/opinion-mobile/2559-step-your-game-up-how-to-support-black-employees-during-this-time
Making a donation
- A list of organizations – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156926154195458&id=508130457
- Videos to watch (ad blocker off) to donate ad revenue – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgLa25fDHM & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Xe8N0FNTs